Are you dealing with an injury that’s affecting your running performance? Come see us at District Performance & Physio to stop hurting, start recovering, and get back to running your best!
District Performance & Physio is proud to be the official preferred physical therapy group for GRC.
When injuries are holding you back, our entire goal is to keep you running at the top of your game and help you hit your performance goals. Our expert physical therapists will help you overcome any injuries while also working with you to proactively identify any weaknesses that might be affecting your running technique, getting you stronger and ready to optimize your training program.
We help GRC runners recover from all types of injuries, including:
- Shin Splints (Tibial Stress Syndrome)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Runner’s Knee (Patellar Tendinitis)
- Trochanteric Tendinitis or Bursitis
- Many more!
You don’t have to stop running because of your injury, and your therapist won’t tell you to. Instead, we’ll work with you to keep running as much as possible during training – even while overcoming an injury. You can also expect us to work alongside Jerry to keep up your training level as much as possible during your recovery.
At District Performance & Physio, your care team is experienced with elite runners from GRC and knows how to get results. Here’s what you can expect during your first visit:
- Detailed interviewing to learn about your injury history, running experience, and performance goals with GRC.
- In-depth analysis of your running technique, running program, and footwear to identify the root cause of your injury.
- Specialized treatment to help you manage pain, fix strength imbalances, and restore your optimal running technique.
- Most importantly, you won’t be told to stop running with GRC!
What GRC Members are Saying
Jesse was able to squeeze me in for an appointment the Tuesday before a large race. I’ve been dealing with residual calf / achilles issues, as well as a knee flare up from a fall on a run earlier this month. District was able to do an evaluation to make sure that I was clear to run without further damaging my knee or surrounding lower-leg muscles, which gave me peace of mind going into an 8K road race in relatively cold/gross conditions. Jesse also did soft-tissue work on my hip, calf, and IT band, in addition to assigning activation exercises to make sure I was race ready.
Come race day, the activation drills helped make sure my body didn’t lock up on me. I ended up placing 6th overall in an elite/seeded field of top-caliber women. My favorite thing (so far) about working with Jesse has been their proactive approach in tackling injuries via preventative rehab and activation. I look forward to continuing to work with Jesse and his team through my indoor and outdoor track seasons. – Gina
Schedule Your Assessment Today!
- Expert physical therapists preferred by Georgetown Running Club
- Evidence-based treatments to get runners pain-free and moving again
- Collaboration with Jerry to help you get the most from your running program
- Convenient location in Washington D.C. with flexible scheduling
Elite runners need elite care. Call District Performance & Physio today and learn how you can make the most out of your GRC membership with physical therapy.